Taber Rotary Abrasers 1700 / 1750 | Labomat
Taber Rotary Abrasers 1700 / 1750
The 'Test Taber' provides reliable data within minutes. Used to assess a material's resistance to wear, a flat sample is mounted on a turntable that rotates on a vertical axis. As the platen rotates, contact of the sample against the sliding rotation of two grinding wheels causes wear while a vacuum system removes loose wear debris during testing. The abrasion marks form a pattern of crossed arcs in a circular band that covers an area of approximately 30 cm².
Taber 1700 single-track or Taber 1750 dual-track rotary abrasimeter for performing accelerated wear tests on a wide variety of materials.
• Display of the following test parameters: mode, test duration, cycles, plate speed, aspiration level.
• Choice of 60 or 72 rpm rotation speed.
• 4 possible evaluation methods: visual, loss of mass, loss of volume and depth of wear.
• Numerous abrasives and accessories.
• Supplied with 2 or 4 * 500 g weights, 2 or 4 * 1000 g weights, 1 or 2 * Ø 108 mm sample holders with fixing ring, hexagonal wrench, vacuum cleaner, brush and calibration certificate.
* For Taber 1750 dual station model
• Optional calibration verification kit.
• Complies with more than 150 standards in the fields of paints, plastics, wood, glass, concrete, packaging, textiles, ceramics, etc., such as EN 438-2, EN 13696, NF T 30 015 ...
|Consumables and Accessories for Taber 1700 or Taber 1750 Abrasive Meters
|Grinding wheels, abrasive strips||
Calibrase (CS) wheels: resilient wheel composed of abrasive rubber particles and aluminum oxide. Recommended for testing rigid samples.
Calibrade (H) wheels: non-resilient wheel composed of vitrified clay and abrasive particles of silicone carbide or aluminum oxide. Recommended for testing flexible samples.
(multisamples, wet abrasion, textiles, plastics, ...)
(up to 40 mm)
(up to -20% dB)
(aluminum oxide particles)
|Other accessories: contact us|
Video: Grinding wheel reshaping tool:
Initially developed to meet automotive specifications, this device is ideal for evaluating plastics, paints, floor coverings, etc. Five independent tungsten carbide tools mounted on more or less loaded sliding axes exert a vertical load on the sample to be tested, positioned on a table moving by pneumatic system.
The stud cutting tool is an instrument specially designed to remove adhesive residue around the stud and to cut the loose coating for adhesion tests. Removing too much glue by hand and cutting the loose coating from the substrate is heavy and difficult work especially when inspectors need to perform multiple tests per day. This can cause sore wrists and...
4 models of abrasive tip supports are available: - Wearaser holder in stainless steel (98 g) Ref. 130852 (supplied as standard) - Aluminum Wearaser holder (28 g) Ref. 131852 - Wearaser plastic holder (16 g) Ref. 131852-1 - Wearaser Jumbo holder (43 g) Ref. 131862 (for Wearaser Jumbo Ø ½ ”abrasive tips).
The CAT Comprehensive Abrasion Test is a universal testing machine for testing the abrasion resistance of coatings on beverage cans and flat materials. The reciprocating motion mimics abrasion damage to coatings during transport in the field. Equivalent to the Gavarti 'GV-CAT' system. The CAT abrasimeter is used for quality control in coating testing...